Kiri Kalenko shares her gloriously simple chocolate fondue recipe with us.
Expert-tested and a guaranteed party favourite – it’s the perfect way to enjoy seasonal fruit.
Time: 20 minutes preparation;
– 200g / 7oz dark chocolate – broken into small pieces
(Chocolatier’s suggestion: Rabot Estate Single Côte/ Marcial 70% Dark)
– 284ml double cream
– Seasonal fruits – fresh or dried
1. Place your broken chocolate into a bowl.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan over a medium heat, until it reaches a gentle boil (you should see steam rising from the cream).
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
4. Keep stirring until the cream and chocolate combine into a glossy, silky mix. This is your ganache!
5. Pour the ganache into your chosen cup or bowl. Hint: I use a china cup and saucer as it looks pretty and is a perfect portion size for two people…or one greedy person!
6. Slice your fruits and arrange on a large plate, then place your cup and saucer on the plate and get dipping! Hint: you can use cocktail sticks
Top tip: When choosing the fruit to dip into your ganache, try pairing the fruits with the fl avour notes of the chocolate. For example, our Rabot Estate Single Côte Marcial has notes of Shiraz wine and spiced plums. This would work really well with dark and purple fruits, such as figs, blackberries and red grapes.